The Coyote Copy

New Secretary at KSS

Back to Article
Back to Article

New Secretary at KSS

Kathy Goodrich is settling in as the new Secretary at Kittitas Secondary School. Goodrich used to have five horses, two which were miniature, three were quarter horses, and she used to show in reining and working cow horses.

Jane Kratz, News Editor

At the end of December, Kathy Goodrich became the new Secretary at Kittitas Secondary School, since Rebecca Posz-Tamez left the position to open up a Zumba studio. Goodrich has never worked in the Kittitas School District, but has many years of experience working in the Ellensburg School District.

“I worked at Ellensburg for almost 15 years,” Goodrich said.

For her previous jobs at Ellensburg, she was always interacting with parents, students, and staff, but has never been in an upfront position like she is now. Instead, she was working more behind-the-scenes.

“I was the cashier at Lincoln, I was the Food Services Director’s Assistant, and I was the Veg. Prep at the high school,” Goodrich said.

Goodrich was interested in the position at Kittitas because she really enjoys the work that the position entails.

“I like the fast-paced hustle and bustle,” Goodrich said.

Since starting her new position at Kittitas Secondary School, Goodrich has settled in very well and enjoys the work a lot.

“My favorite part about the job so far has been the kids and getting to know them better,” Goodrich said.

To obtain the job as the secretary, Goodrich first saw the posting of the job, applied for the position, and then had to go through two interviews.

“There were four other candidates for this position, as well,” Goodrich said.

She is very excited for what the job holds for her in the future, and really enjoys the public interaction that the job entails.

“I am looking forward to getting to know everyone and being able to know the students’ names right when I see their face,” Goodrich said.

Outside of work, Goodrich enjoys being with her family and has one son, four grandchildren, and she used to show horses.

“I like to spend time with my grandkids, and my grand daughter loves horses, which is great,” Goodrich said.

Goodrich feels like she has very big shoes to fill, but how people have been treating her has made her feel much better.

“People have treated me excellent, and have been so nice,” Goodrich said.

Throughout the short time she has worked here, students and staff have already started making connections with her.

“Mrs. Goodrich is doing a great job and I am confident she will be even more amazing once she gets the flow of how things work around here!” Mrs. Carollo said.

According to KSS staff, Goodrich is catching on quickly and they are very happy she is here.

“I think that she’s a great addition to our KSS team and I’m super excited she’s here and things have ran so smoothly since she came on board,” Mr. Hamilton said.

Students are also saying that she has been doing great work so far and is putting in a lot of effort to get the hang of her new job.

“She is really nice and really wants to get to know the kids and is trying very hard,” junior, Haley Kulm said.