Team Rituals

Freshman wrestler, Anthony Rios, preparing to dominate his opponent during a home wrestling meet. “We dye our hair school colors if we make it to state,” Sophomore wrestler, Paul Jones said. “Every tournament we hang our banner, but that’s pretty much it.”

Autumn Miller, Sports Editor

The Kittitas High School cheer squad performs one of their many routines during a timeout. “Before games we always go say hi to the other cheerleaders, and tell them good luck,” freshman cheerleader Chesney Pemberton said.

Senior girls’ basketball player, Nyah Escobar, going for a layup during the varsity girls’ game against Reardan. “H.T.R. is hold the rope, which basically means that if one team member is falling down, or they need help, we tie a knot in the rope,” Nyah Escobar said. “which means we’re pulling them up and helping them. We always thought of it as a team thing, and we write in on our wrists for every game.”

Junior boys’ basketball player, Justin Hudson, drives to the hoop during the varsity boys’ game against Reardan. “After basketball games we go to IHop sometimes, and I usually get this one burger that has an egg on it. That’s pretty good,” Hudson said. “We go there mostly after every home game if it’s not too late.”