The Coyote Copy

Seniors’ Plans for the Future

Back to Article
Back to Article

Seniors’ Plans for the Future

Bryan Clark is sure of his career path he has chosen and is diving into his work. “I’ve always had an interest in cars and knowing the mechanics of a vehicle,” Clark said.

Jordan Alberg, Staff Reporter

There are a lot of students going in completely different directions after high school, whether it be college, a tech school, the work force, or straight into the service. Kittitas Secondary School seniors Reegan Baker and Bryan Clark are going in two completely different directions after high school.

“After high school I will be attending Washington State University,” Baker said.

Baker has planned on attending WSU for over a year now. Since she has applied and attended running start at Central Washington University her junior and senior year, she will be entering WSU as a sophomore this coming fall.

“I plan on majoring in Public Relations and working as a social media coordinator,” Baker said.

As a social media coordinator, Baker would oversee the execution of marketing and advertising campaigns for different platforms. She would be meeting with clients and helping them organize their spending on advertising, as she would negotiate the cost of advertising spaces.

“I want to be able to travel and represent companies at different conventions,” Baker said.

Baker loves to travel and see new places. She believes this choice of career is perfect for her  because she will be able to travel for work and when she has free time before and after meetings, she will have the opportunity to go sightseeing.

“I wanted to choose something different and a job that I wouldn’t get tired of,” Baker said.

According to Baker, she has always been a very outspoken and outgoing character who is not afraid of speaking to large groups of people. Because of these qualities, mixed with the opportunities of being able to travel, she truly believes this career will be a good match for her in the long run.

“For my job I need to major in PR,¨ Baker said.  “I also need to know how to increase consumer interaction with a product or a company.¨

Clark has decided to take a different career path with the hopes of becoming a mechanic after he graduates. This interest is a newfound one for Clark, as he claims he was not sure what he wanted to do after high school until last summer when he found a passion with working on cars.

“I have decided I will be attending Perry Tech in the Automotive program to become a mechanic,” Clark said.

The single year-round program at Perry Tech would cost around $20,000 for Clark and would be filled with hands-on learning experiences This program includes getting involved with local mechanic shops around the area.

“Becoming a working mechanic shouldn’t take very long, if any time at all,” Clark said.

Clark’s parents have been very supportive of his decision and have already informed him that he would be able to stay with them, as long as he is actively working towards his career.

“Other than home, there shouldn’t be much traveling,” Clark said.

Clark sees himself as someone who likes to change things up. Because of this, he might not end up staying with it until he is ready to retire. There has not been very much other than his own short experience at a mechanic shop that has influenced his decision to become a mechanic.

I’ll be in this career long enough to justify what I’m doing now,” Clark said.

Clark hopes to have an increase of income from the starting salary and believes he could possibly make more money if he needed to by having a musical career on the side. He plans to use his free time to work on his own cars.

“It is a pretty recent plan, as I was kind of in between different career paths,” Clark said.

As seniors Baker and Clark prepare to graduate and jump into the real world of an everyday challenge, they show that they are prepared and ready for the start of their journey.