Volleyball Heads to State

Back to Article
Back to Article

Volleyball Heads to State

The volleyball team together for a picture after their win against Columbia Burbank. Top: Ava Smith, Sydney Lael, Amelia Mohn, Courtney Coates, Jillian Provaznik, Allison Mccune. Bottom: Anna Robertson, Taylor Dekoning, Tory Coates.

Dawson Gilson, Staff Writer

With volleyball’s regular season coming to an end, their postseason is just beginning. Kittitas Secondary School’s volleyball team often makes an appearance when it comes to the playoffs, and the players are excited to make a good run in the state tournament this year. 

The volleyball team’s first postseason game was Oct. 29 where they faced Dayton-Waitsburg. Kittitas won the game against Dayton in three sets to make it to the district games. 

“I think that we played a great game as a team and played at a consistent level throughout the entire game,” junior Amelia Mohn said.

The Kittitas volleyball team had a league tournament on Oct. 31 that was to determine what seed they would be for districts. They faced a tough loss against Tri-Cities Prep, but came back to get a win against Mabton.

“This last game we played well; we finished playing Tri Cities Prep and lost, which made it hard to regroup as a team and focus to get a win against Mabton,” junior Jillian Provaznik said.

Volleyball had another postseason game against the central 3 seed Thursday, Nov. 7. The volleyball team played Lake Roosevelt high school in a district game, winning all three sets. 

The volleyball team’s goal for this postseason is something that can be achieved by the players if they are willing to put in the work.

“Our goal as a team for this postseason is simple: beat the central 3 seed and try to win a match on Thursday at state. Our goal is to be able to play on Friday at state,” Roberston said.

The volleyball state tournament starts on Nov. 14 and the seniors on the team are excited to play in their last state tournament of their high school career. 

Kittitas plays Northwest Christian at 11:45 a.m. on Thursday Nov. 14, and whether they win or lose, they play again at 6:45 p.m. If the team wins one of either games, they play again at 8 a.m. on Friday Nov. 15. If the team loses both, then they are done.